Moving, under any circumstance, can be a stressful time. It is our goal at Campbell Crossing to make your move from your home as smooth and stress-free as possible. Here are a few things we want to remind you of in effort to relieve some of the guesswork with moving.Provide Your 30 Day Notice to Vacate
Notice to vacate is a written notice provided to the Community Office by the Service Member or Spouse (DFAS Power of Attorney required) informing us of your intent to leave your home. A minimum of 30 days notice is required prior to vacating in accordance with:
- Lease Agreement
- Soldiers Civil Relief Act
- Uniformed Residential Landlord and Tenant Act
Contact your Community Office and they can review your circumstances
- Short Orders are defined as orders received/dated with a report date less than 30 days (Resident must visit and place a written 30 day notice within 72 hours of receiving orders)
- Vacation and Permissive TDY do not qualify as short notices
- If you choose to move prior to fulfilling the 30 day notice date, and do not have “short orders,” you are financially responsible for the remainder of the 30 day requirement
When placing your notice to vacate you will receive quick tips and a move out brochure outlining what the expectations will be upon move out. You will also be provided with information to assist you in choosing the best cleaning option for you.
Move Out Workshops
For your convenience, Campbell Crossing is proud to offer move out workshops at various Community Offices throughout the month. The workshops offer interactive group discussions regarding the requirements associated with clearing your home. Although not required, families attending will gain information regarding requirements and ways to make the move out process as simple and hassle-free as possible. Please check the community calendar for upcoming dates.
Good Rule of Thumb
In the event a family member is unable to attend a move out session, families can request a member of the Community staff to visit your home and provide a one-on-one discussion regarding the move out requirements and tips for clearing your home to help minimize move out charges.
When in doubt simply contact your
Office. They are there to assist as you
transition to another chapter of your life. As always, we encourage
you to ask questions and communicate with your community office to
clarify any concerns you may have.